Thursday, September 18, 2008

Today: Again

I woke up next to her, but we were not holding each other. I then recalled that we had been fighting the night before. However, I was not sure as to what we were fighting about, I tried to remember, but I was drawing a blank. I had been drunk yes, maybe that's why it all just seems like a blur of yells. I dreaded her waking up, for I knew that once she opened her eyes and saw me, she too would remember what a beast I had been the night before. Oh what a monster I must have been. I noticed broken glass, oh what a monster I must have been. I noticed alcohol soaking on the floor, oh what a monster I must have been. I noticed her eyes, swollen and red from tears, oh what a monster I must have been. I noticed a mess of everything around the apartment, oh what a monster I must have been. I noticed vomit in and around the toilet, oh what a monster I must have been. I noticed myself in the bathroom mirror, oh... oh what a monster I am.

No comments: