Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lost Landscape: Ignorance is Bliss

The first thing I noticed was the sharp pain in my back which was slowly pulsing in and out, in and out. I raised my shirt and gently pressed on the origin of this aching. When I looked at my hand, my two fingers were covered in blood. I took off my shirt and tied it around my chest, covering the new found wound on my back. Due to the strong agony I was in, I had yet to realize where I was. The middle of a large open field. There was no sign of human life anywhere, no cars driving by, no smoke from a factory stack, no noise from construction, no screams of violence, no eyes of segregation, no mouths to speak of hate and evil, it was pure bliss. Despite the ever-growing pain in my back, everything was perfect. I've learned to deal with this pain, I've learned how to ignore it. And so here I live, in perfect bliss, ignoring all the pain.

No comments: