Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've Fooled Myself

I hung up the phone and looked around my bedroom, as if trying to find something that would prove I was still asleep. Something that would prove she didn't say what she said. But alas, there was nothing out of the ordinary. The art she made me was still on my night stand, my phone was still glowing on the charger, and my walls were still dimly lit by the outside, street lamps. I panicked, I didn't want to believe it, I frantically pushed myself up to the window and violently pulled at the blinds. I pulled up on the two black tabs of my window screen and pushed outward. The screen fell out and I stepped up to the windowsill. I tried to convince myself that I would jump. But I could not do it... and then I knew, this was the real world, and I'm still a coward.

No comments: